While we encourage you to work with a Licensed Realtor, we also know in today’s market, with declining property values, this may not be realistic. We welcome For Sale by Owner transactions and can assist you in having a good escrow experience.
First and foremost, rather working with a Real Estate Agent or not, it is the lender and the credibility of the lender that will make the transaction go smoothly or not. Make sure that your buyer has been pre-qualified by a reputable lender.
The following is a list of the items that we can assist you with:
- Prepare escrow instructions based on the information provided by seller, buyer and lender.
- Obtain a preliminary title report allowing us to obtain a policy of title insurance for the buyer and lender at close of escrow.
- Order hazard disclosure reports
- Order home warranty policy
- Order buyers insurance policy in a form acceptable by the new lender from the company of buyer’s choice.
- Order Homeowner Association documents and transfer homeowner association rights to the new buyer, if applicable.
- Transfer Water Stock, if applicable
- Process and close the escrow.
The following is a list of items that we cannot assist you with, as they require access to the property.
- Seller must order the termite report and have the termite company complete work requirements as per the agreement between the seller and buyer.
- Seller should provide buyer with a complete disclosure of the condition of property.
- If buyer is obtaining a home inspection from a licensed contractor the home inspection must be obtained outside of escrow.
If you are a seller getting ready to sell your house and would like an
estimated closing statement or have questions concerning the sale of your
home please contact our office and we will be happy to assist you.